Sunday, February 17, 2008

the poopies diaper EVER!

my husband walks thru the kitchen tonight as i'm cooking dinner and says "wow, he spit up everywhere. his whole front is soaked" my son is sitting in his bouncy seat happily cooing at himself in the mirror. i peak over the counter at him and say " how did he get spit up down there?" he was wet under his neck and then dry until the waist. "i think he messed his diaper" i muse to my husband who bends to pick him up. when he lifted him up to see there was no doubt, as he was completely soaked in poop from the waist down, EVEN HIS PANTS LEGS WERE SOAKED!! he seems to be on a 2 day pooping schedule lately, but has yet to make a HUGE MESS!! before today
we had to drop everything and it took both of us to get his clothes off to avoid smearing poop all over his head!! my husband has a hard time with messes like that and he kept muttering to himself "it's on me! it's on me" and trying not to gagg! we were laughing about the matter so much that we both forgot that the onesie our son had on had buttons on the back! we were stretching the neck as wide as we could trying to lift it over his head and Teege just starts shrieking!! SHRIEKING FOR DEAR LIFE in holy terror that we were trying to pull his head off!!!!!!!! then we remembered the buttons.
we were all covered in poo by the time we got the clothes off, after that we all just went straight to the bath.
that was enough adventure to last me the rest of this week!

i should have taken a nap today.
had i know teege was planning this i would have rested up!

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh my! I am laughing hysterically at your husband's reaction because I am sure I have this to look forward to myself with my husband when we have children. He freaks out over the cats' bodily functions and I warn him that when the kids come he will have to do his share.

And I love how you call your little guy Teege! :)

Cathy said...

I would have left him in his clothes and dropped all of him in the bath tub to rinse off before taking the clothes off. Figure that everything is getting washed anyway. Why not?

jellybean said...

i know!TJ told me that had i not been home he would have just cut all his clothes off with scissors and thrown then away!
the poor guy! he said he'd never change a poopy diaper. but then when i was seperated from teege at birth when he went into nicu at a different hospital i made TJ go with him, he didn't have a choice but to take care of him. he learned alot. he's come a long way.....

i think we all have.