Thursday, October 23, 2008

a note

grey's hasn't started yet.
teege is in bed.
though my kitchen is a mess i just had to stop and say that
I WANT TO PUT UP CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!
it's supposed to be in the low 40's tonight! that's totally Christmas holiday weather!
my heater is on and waiting! i just may fix me up a cup of hot cocoa once i figure out what i'm having for supper -that way it will be the perfect temp for dessert.

i love Christmas yes i do! i love Christmas, how 'bout you?!!

i know it's ridiculous that Christmas comes earlier every year. i mean, walmart had the Christmas decorations out on the shelf at the same time they put all the Halloween stuff up! but if i did have it my way, Christmas would be a season in itself. i mean, it kind of is b/c most ppl start decorating and listening to holiday music the day after thanksgiving, but i think Christmas should last like fall or summer does. for months at a time!!

yes, call me crazy. my husband will very much agree with you! i turned on a Christmas movie our first and very recent cold snap of the fall season.(he was still in bed, i figured i could get away with it!) The Santa Clause with Tim Allen - love that movie!Have all 3 of them but the first one is the best.
TJ just shook his sleepy head at me and plopped down in his recliner until i reluctantly told him he could turn on something else. i knew what was coming:
football! over a Christmas movie? come on!

i would have been the greatest Mrs. Clause!

3 comments:

Steelers Wine Girl said...

We are so kindred spirits!! I love Christmas, too! Every year I have a conference in November (usually the week before Thanksgiving) and on the drive I start my Christmast season.

I always stop at Starbucks during the drive and this is usually the first time I see Peppermint Mocha available (which I wait ALL year for!!!). And - I listen to Christmas music the entire drive there and back!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one can't wait every year!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I can't even think about Halloween which is five days away, let alone Christmas. I hope I can get in the mood this year.

jellybean said...

steelers - yes! i first discovered pumpkin spice coffee at starbucks -international delight makes a creamer that is pumpkin spice and it is way better -and cheaper-than the pumpkin spice latte.(or however you spell it!) i am so glad to find out that i am not the only one that waits anxiously for the arrival of christmas each year!

vp- sometimes what helps me get in the spirit -b/c i have had my moments where i just didn't want to do all of the normal holiday stuff like the shopping and wrapping and baking - i find that a drink or a treat that TASTES/smells like christmas does the trick. like the aboved mentioned coffee drinks or some cocoa with peppermint candy and marshmellows - or one of the good old christmas movies like miracle on 34th street. going to the mall is the best way to kill the christmas buzz -especially on busy christmas shopping weekends. i like to browse the christmas isles at places like walmart and target when it's still sort of preseason - that helps too.
and if all else fails i found a GREAT christams candle at walmart the other day - they have walmarts up there don't they? it's called "pumpkim carnival" i believe. it's 3 layers. one layer is like a cinnamon and brown sugar, another layer is pumpkin spice and so on.
goes great with chilly weather!
you'll get in the holiday spirit soon enough. you eventually can't help it. it's contagious!