Thursday, October 23, 2008

quick post

so you might not see me for a while.
i have a birthday party to get ready for! and since it's just me to clean up and straighten out the house and make cupcakes for 25 ppl -which means i should probably make enough for each person to have 2 (THAT'S A LOT OF CUPCAKES!)- starting today you may not see me around much.
i'm dividing the house work up over a couple of days, and i guess i'll spend saturday on the cupcakes -which just leaves the decorating to do sunday -and the cupcakes to frost i guess(i hope).

after that TJ has taken leave for all of next week. he leaves for ft sill the following weekend so he'll be home all next week which means again that you probably won't see me much.

Don't worry. i have learned my lesson about cleaning my house spotless before a ton of ppl come over. it doesn't matter. no one notices and the house is dirtier when everyone leaves than it was before you cleaned it so they could show up. i'm just going to do the basic easy stuff where folks will see it -vacuuming the living room, dusting in the rooms ppl will see b/c it needs to be done anyway and there will be time, spruce up the guest bath,only sweeping the kitchen (no mopping here)b/c - face it - there's going to be at least 5 kids that are old enough to have a cupcake at the party -so i'm sure i'll have ice cream dripped and cupcake smashed on the floor by the end of the day.

by the way -does anyone have any idea about beverages?
i though of making punch, and then decided that was taking it too far. a couple of different sodas, maybe a kind friendly drink like koolaid or juice? no, koolaid is out. i already know my sister in law doesn't give her kids koolaid b/c of the dye and my neighbors kids really only drink water. maybe i should make a punch? no, that really does seem silly. punch is for like weddings and baby showers. of course there's nothing faster than throwing together ginger ale or 7up and lime sherbet-that always makes great punch!
HEY! what about lemonade?? everyone likes lemonade! i'd buy the country time brand -it's great. and there's no dye! ooooooooohhhh!! pink lemonade!!! well, i bet pink lemonade has dye in it, but not as much as say Hawaiian punch koolaid -which my sister -shades- and 2 of my cousins used to tease me was bats blood when i was a kid. i still have a hard time drinking that!LOL!
i think i just solved my own problem! blogging really does help you think sometimes!


anyway, i better get going if i'm going to get this done. i'll be sure to post pics-eventually. my baby is turning one!

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Good luck with the preparing! And I was going to suggest leomade, it is my favorite go to drink. But another fun one is what I call an orange freeze. Orange shurbert, orange soda and ice cubes mixxed until smooth in a blender. Yummy and froathy!

jellybean said...

the lemonade was a great idea! and i'm going to have to try that drink vp!

though dh did pick up 3 different bottles of soda while he was out -which i was unhappy about(i was in the middle of starting to mix the second gallon of lemonade when he tells me he got sodas. i'm just glad he told me when he did so we didn't waste a whole extra gallon of it!) - the lemonade was more popular. i guess folks don't get to drink lemonade everyday!