Thursday, May 1, 2008

teething, formula, and more

i might be bald the next time you see me.

i am seriously at risk of pulling all my hair out!

i don't know what is wrong with my baby!
he cries, and he screams! and he bitches! that's all i can think of to describe what he sounds like.
he just kind of squals - or screeches?- at me.
i called his dr today. i tell the girl taking the message "i need some serious teething help"(i don't think she thought that was cute.)
also i wonder if the transition to formula from nursing is going badly.
could it be upsetting his tummy? could he be confused? i'm doing both. i've only replaced 2 of his feedings with bottles.
today he didn't even want his lunch! i hear with teething they loose their appetite. it makes their gums hurt worse to suck.
i tried the teething freezer rings. that helped some.
tylenol. it helped - but barely.
an ice cube in a wash cloth.(he screamed at me for that!)
a cold carrot - the fat end. didn't want that either.

he seems to be happiest when i hold him and walk in circles around my coffee table.(i have done alot of that today.) but i guess it is a good way to get some extra exercise in.

he doesn't want to rock.he screams at me when i try and sit down. he is not able to be distracted.no toy can seem to get his mind off of what is upsetting him. he doens't want to play or lay in his crib and listen to his mobil.

he is finally asleep after some swinging out on the poarch swing, upon which my neighbor with the 4 kids came out and i carried him over to her and with tears in my eyes i asked her "do you have any orajel?"
she did. i gave him some.he passed out not even 2 seconds after i put it on his gums.
then i heard from my mom who heard from a neighbor that if they swallow the orajel it can make their throat go numb and they can quit breathing. so now i'm back to where i was in the beginning when he was "little little" and having breathing problems. peaking at him every 10 seconds to make sure he is sitll alive.

i am at my witts end. not b/c he is being loud and grumpy and unmanageable. but b/c of all of my mothering instincts that i have, i have absolutely no idea how to help him.
but i am trying.

i am not frustrated with him in the least. which means i have learned quite a bit about patience since his new born days. i just wish that i had a magic wand to wave away his owies and booboos and aches and pains.

a girlfriend of mine is coming in 2 weeks to do portrates for us. teege's 6 months pictures!
we never have gone and gotten them done professionally. i don't want to take him to walmart - i don't want his first professional pictures to looks like simple old ordinary studio pictures. i want them to look professional in a candid kind of way. i want his pictures to reflect him, not what someone wants him to do - or be. so i was instructed to browse the internet- look at websights of professional studios like sears and jc penny so that i can get an idea of what i want and she has something to work with. she is coming to my house to do it. hopefully he is feeling better by then. if not i guess we will just have to keep trying.

i could use a heavy does of chocolate! but have none.
a coca-cola would be so cool and refreshing. i have none of that either.

but the house is quiet for now. i suppose i will make the best of that by putting on some makeup. that always does wonders for me when i feel desperate. looking good seems to give me a new found power to get thru whatever it is i am dealing with.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Give me your address. I am sending you some emergency chocolate and Coke. No one should be without those items in times of stress! :)

My mom used to give us a cold wet washcloth, no ice cube in it, to suck on and she always claimed that worked like a charm. And I believe the Oragel thing is if you put a lot on or if they someone swallow it unsupervised. A little on their gums shouldn't hurt.

However, I don't have kids so maybe you shouldn't listen to me :) I hope things settle down soon. Your hair is so pretty, be a shame if you ripped it all out. :)

Anonymous said...

Boy wants Auntie to buy him a Chilly Bone!