Saturday, June 21, 2008

the solution to the problem

i called my in laws back. i just went ahead and told them that i wasn't coming today b/c my girlfriend was indeed going to be coming over for a play date(though i didn't know that for sure when i called them back. i just went ahead and fudged it a little.)
i asked my pop what time he was leaving tomorrow b/c i was going to be over thataway and was coming by anyway, even if he missed us.
"oh, no! i'll be here til at least noon! you just don't worry about it and come in the morning if you get a chance"
well that was easy. he's so much easier to deal with and make plans with than my other mother in law.
the women on "that" side of the family always make everything so urgent. everything has to be done right then and there! and here i find out that i have til noon tomorrow to see all 3 of them and no one has to miss out.
so here's the plan:
crystal is coming by around 4 30 -5ish so the boys can "visit". i figure depending on what time she leaves i will just pack us all up and both dogs and go to mom's tonight. that way i don't have to leave earlier in the morning to run the dogs by moms, then go see the inlaws, then go back to moms, where she will be making fried chicken for lunch. (the chicken was what started this whole unexpected trip down there! i don't pass up fried chicken. sometimes i even call and tell her"i'll come and visit if you'll make me some fried chicken.")
oh, the dogs. i have to bring them.
my neighbors are just coming back from vacation today. i'm not going to leave my animals in their care when they are post-vacation ragged out! my great neighbors - well, she's just to pregnant! and i don't want to add any more work to their load. they don't need to have to babysit my pets unexpectedly.
so i will put down extra food and water and clean litter for the cats. and the dogs and baby and me will just go see all the grandfolks.
i
t worked out after all.
i just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a blast!

jellybean said...

good!
me too!