Wednesday, July 9, 2008

oh what to wear to the ball?!!

that headline was supposed to sound fairytaleish.

tj's comissioning ceremony is in september. he'll have a graduatin in SD and then they'll do a graduation for him here at his old location before he moves on to the new post. and after that there's a ball. a real live black tie fancy smanshie ball!
the kind where you get to get all dolled up and drink cocktails and have a formal dinner. i'm super excited! and super nervous. it'll be my first social event as an officera wife. i think the only thing i'm really nervous about is that during the commissioning ceremony i have to get up on stage and pin him with his new rank. but supposedly there's a rehersal - i pray to GOD there is a rehersal b/c i don't want to pin him on the wrong side!
anyway here are the dresses i'm torn between.
this is at night by the way...did i mention that?






this one is my favorite. it's the easiest b/c i know that i can't go wrong -mostly b/c it's black!
it's 80$ and i can run down the street to david's bridal and pick it up-and try it on!





this is the same as the black.just in blue(or periwinkle). i love the color and i can pull blue off very well, but it is a night time formal - so i wasn't soooo sure about that -though i've been told anyone and everyone wears any color of anything(well the women anyway, the men wear dress uniform) from all out evening gowns to their nice sunday clothes.





ah, now this is a beauty. it's a chadwicks. which means i'd have to order it on line, it's 166$ AND i can't try it on and what if it doesn't fit!!? then i have to send it back and wait for a new size.

i'm thinking black, how 'bout you?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, crap! I like them all. We have good taste! But you know I always gravitate to black first.

Hey... do you still have that grey sleeveless dress I gave you? what about the blue one with the black lace sheer thing over it?

I kinda miss the grey one... Like I ever go anywhere.

jellybean said...

yes. "well crap" was kind of my thought too. i can hardly make up my mind. when i think i've got it all settled i take another peek at them and get all undecided again. you can never go wrong with black.
the grey sleevless and the blue with the sheer thing......i'll go look. i did some cleaning out of the closet when i was pregnant and pissed off that non of my "good" clothes fit so i may have sent it off to goodwill.(sorry!)i don't think i ever got to wear them b/c we hardly go anywhere either.
i'll buy you a new one if you were wanting them back!

Cathy said...

OK. I don't like Cindy Crawford or the way that dress looks on her. I always like black. It's very classic. But, I do like that particular style dress in the light blue. OK. My vote is for the blue dress!

jellybean said...

yes i do like the blue so much! i'm kind of thinking that if i can keep my tan dark enough i can pull the blue off easily. i love blue anyway. i just keep coming back to it being a night time event. but if i were going to a wedding at night i wouldn't feel like i had to absolutely were black.....
yes yes the blue would be nice.
i think next month i'll go and try them both on, and then see. right now it's a very close tie between black and blue for me, since they are the same style.
oh my i can't decide! i will keep you posted!
thanks!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Well, the blue is gorgeous, such a pretty color and would look great on you. But the black is more practical because you could probably wear it to something else more easily. Also, thinking shoes, you probably have black shoes and not blue ones. However, I really like the pewter (is that the color) dress, for myself, simply because I love dresses that gather at the waist and stomach and hide my pouch. But you wouldn't have to worry about that so my vote would be for the black!

Cathy said...

Hey. Take someone with you who can take photos of you in both. Then, upload them here for your blog admirers to review and help you decide. Plus, we'll get to see you all dolled up, pretty-like!

jellybean said...

yes black is more practical. and i DO have some of the sexies strappy black heals to go with it.(i wouldn't need a single accessory).i think that other dress is called "mocha" but it looks nothing like what i would imagine mocha to be. pewter is more like it, almost a goldy color...
and i do have a pooch! i don't think that my tummy will ever get back to my prebaby days! but if i'm unable to rid myself of the baby weight completely before then i don't think that's anything some control top undies can't fix - i hate hose and probably won't wear any.

i will hopefully be able to take pics and put them up for ya'll to see.

Anonymous said...

Y'all are silly! Pewter is darker than stainless steel, and not shiny metallic.

Don't worry about the dresses I gave you. They were too short for me, anyway...

jellybean said...

pewter is darker than stainless steel?
i would never have guessed.