Saturday, July 12, 2008

what reeks??!!!!!

i have searched through my fridge for the last 2 days for what is making it stink so! i dreaded opening my fridge for ANYTHING b/c i was always stunned by the smell! i pulled out several things yesterday and put a box of baking soda in hoping to fix it.
nothing helped!
the fridge stunk and i seemed to also be smelling stinky garbage -coming from somewhere! but couldn't for the life of me figure it out!
i had taken the kitchen trash out twice.
removed all of my recycling items from the kitchen to the bin in the garage thinking that it was the empty rinsed out container of internationl delight chocolate caramel coffee creamer that was making my kitchen smell. i even checked my dishwasher drain for bits of food -which needed to be cleaned anyway. i think that got rid of the rotting trash smell -AND MY HOUSE IS GENERALLY NEAT AND TIDY! so i knew that i had to have managed to do SOME good.
but the fridge just kept on stinking to high heaven! it was almost like having a stinky smelly monster standing in the corner of my kitchen taunting me!
so again today i dug around in my fridge. i actually pulled out perfectly good condoments and tossed them b/c they hadn't been used in several weeks. i actually sprayed a whole can of whipped cream down the drain b/c i bought it about a month ago and had hardly used any of it.
i FINALLY came across a package of VERY moldy cheese that was hidden under several packages of other cheeses and lunchmeats. tossed it. didn't even want to look at it, let alone smell it.
and i found a container of beans that my mother had sent me home with along with fixings for tacos the last time i went to visit. i pulled the lid off the container very cautiously.
IT SMELLED LIKE THE BIGGEST FART IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
had i not know they were beans i would have thought that some big nasty giant had farted in a bowl and stuck a lid on it and put it in my fridge to torment me!
i rinsed them down the drain.
my fridge smells much better as of now.
hopefully i discovered the source of the stink,fought the good fight, and won!

i lit a candle just in case the whole house smelled like beanfarts in a jar.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Ha ha! This reminds me of the time my refridgerator smelled so bad for two weeks. We could not figure it out. I had taken everything perishable out and thrown it away, scrubbed out the entire fridge twice and then used bleach the third time. But nothing worked. It still reeked. We were contemplating buying a brand new fridge when my husband found the moldy pieces of french toast in a Ziploc bag that had been left on top of the fridge. Apparently they had been taken out to make room for other things in the freezer and forgotten about.

Cathy said...

Well, I had the same problem. I had dishes to wash last night, but Rob and I went out for a Mason dinner. Came home and didn't want to do them. But, all night and this morning, they smelled so bad. AND, to top it off, the garbage needed to go out! I was up at 8:30, putting dishes in the dishwasher and the garbage out. But, Rob went out for a while and came home. First thing he said? Why does it stink in here? And, this was HOURS after all the stuff was done! Had to use some more spray to get rid of the stench! But, I have to admit that it DIDN'T smell like FART!