Saturday, April 26, 2008

stuff

so i conducted a little internet search last night to gather a bit of knowledge for "what is expected of an officers wife".
i used google for this of course.
i browsed web sights, chat boards, articles. mostly i discovered that there is a "wives club" to participate in.(i don't think that is strictly officers wives though. and i'm pretty sure my husbands unit doesn't have one of those. i've never heard mention of it at least.)
oh, and i think what TJ reall meant about me showing my face is that "stay at home mothers are expected to participate in charity funcitons and fundraisers more than the military wife that has a career outside the home." uummmm excuse me. taking care of my 6 month old is a full job! i don't care that i am home all day.though i did read that the expectations of a military wife has gone down considerably since the "working woman" was invented. i guess we will see. i don't mind attending any social functions that TJ is a part of. however i will not sacrifice time i could spend teaching things to my child in order to go to high tea at the commanding officers house on a daily basis.(no offence ma'am_
anyway, the point of this tid bit:
on page 3 of my quest for information there it is.
like the 3 link from the top - MY BLOGG-!! (DUM DA DUM DUM!!!)
i panicked!!
i called my big sister jen immediately! (it was like 11 o'clock almost! sorry about that sis)
"my blogg is on the internet!! what do i do??!!!!"
i always knew that anyone could read my blogg, i did not know(or put it together atleast) that it would come up in someones random search!
i felt sick to think that anyone could type in "what is expected of a military officers wife" and read my blogg post from yesterday in full. i was terrified!
i shouldn't have been, b/c those were women that i do not know personally. me and sis decided that it was ok to leave my blogg as is, just to keep in mind that that is indeed how ppl find out if you're talking about them, so on and so forth.
i guess i could type in anything on google that i have blogged about in the past and pull my blogg up at some point. but it is unnerving to think that it truely is out there for the whole world to see.

i am a mean mother!
i went in to check on teege before i went to bed at like ll 30.(TJ is gone - again.)
teege was laying in his crib on his tummy. so cute. with his arms tucked up under his chin, up on his knees with his butt stuck up in the air.
i couldn't resist.
i had to have a picture of that!
so i sneak back in to his room - without turning on the lights. praying i will get a good shot the first time.
i didn't.
taking pictures in the dark is hard! thank GOD for digital immage!
so i snapped another one. this one was good but i thought i could do better! he stirred in the middle b/c the stupid cat had followed me in to his room and started yaowlling at the top of her lungs. damnit! i had to get another one.
this one was better, but his head was turned away from me.i wanted the funny pose the most, but i wanted his face in it too!
the cat cries out again!!! teege's head turns back towards me!
FLASH!

MMEEEOOOOOWWWWW!!!

WWWAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

i woke him up!
and he was mad!!
i got a good couple of pictures though.
i used to sleep like this when i was a kid. my big sis always teased me about it.
i got some cute pictures and i will post them soon. plus it gave me an excuse to get him out of his bed and rock him. sometimes i miss him in the middle of the night and wish he'd wake up so i could snuggle him.. it's a worse kind of longing when TJ is out of town. holding a baby brings forth some serious comfort with it.....

i have no plans today. it's saturday.
we were up at 7 30. teege went back down for a nap at 9.
i guess i will vacuum.
that's really all i've got.
oh i could clean the bathrooms too i suppose.

there must be a few garage sales nearby today. i have the windows open and there is quite a bit of traffic on our street for it to be 9 30 am on a saturday.

my neighbor calls me last night and says "i'm freaking out now!!! there's a tornado warning!"
it wasn't even raining at my house yet, there was no thunder or wind.
i had her come over anyway. her hubby was gone too. and they don't have a safe place to go in during bad weather. all their rooms are on outside walls.
the tornado was only in part of our county, moving straight down the map .our county is HUGE! it was at the NE end - we are more at the SW end. so no worries there.
though i do get quite nervous about bad weather when it is just me at home. now it is me and baby. i kept thinking "what am i going to grab if i have to get in the closet!? diapers of course, some bottles of water. i guess i could get some formula together just in case.... the baby, can't forget the baby. what about the dogs? i'd just sit in the floor and call them i suppose. they would find us."
so i had my friend that stopped by on her way home from work go home to her kids, she was going to opposite direction of the storm. and my neighbor and her kid came over.
i called TJ a bit later(apologizing for interupting) to let him know they were about go get pounded.(the storm was heading their way though it died out some before it got there)
he very excitedly says "NO DON'T BE SORRY! i am so glad you are talking to me!"
he get's weather alerts on his phone. i forgot this. he already knew. (wonder why he didn't call. they were done for the day and he was at dinner afterall) he had gotten 6 weather alerts in the past 30 minutes for our county. i gave him the scoop and told him i thought we were going to be fine, but we were prepaired, just in case.
when a storm finally did it it wasn't part of the tornado producing one. it was just your typical run of the mill thunderstorm with pea sized hail and thunder. enough lightning to make the lights flicker.
no big deal.
my daddy did call to check on me before they went to bed though. that made me feel safer. for some reason.
not like my daddy could fight of a big ol' tornado.....but you know, when you are a daughter, a father can do anything. they are invincable!

i guess i will try and go get something done. even if it's as simple as sipping another cup of coffe.
have a happy saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People can type in anything they're looking for and wind up finding any blog as a search result- whether it's someone you know, or not... For the fun of it, most of us have visitor trackers, and when an unknown ISP address or city pops up, we get to sometimes see what they were looking for that got them to click on the link to us. Usually it's something stupid and perverted, or something ridiculous: one time I got hit by some kid doing homework who had Googled "do earthworms have ears..." Last week it was "how many calories are there in fat?" or something... Pretty much anything you type can/will be parameters for somebody's search...

Penny used to sleep like that.

jellybean said...

ah penny. that' right.
then i guess it was just me that slept with my eyes open.
i though you picked on me about sleeping like that at mamaw's once. maybe it was me sleeping with my eyes open and i got the 2 mixed up.
funny....

Cupcake Blonde said...

I do expect to see those nocturnal photos, as well as the ones of him eating his sock in the car! :)

We had video of the tornadoes that hit Virginia yesterday. Scray stuff. I am glad nothing came your way. Mother Nature can be very very scary at times.

jellybean said...

yes, i am loading all my new pictures as we speak. i will have them up asap!!