Monday, December 15, 2008

names for new baby

before i get started i must say:

VP~ THANK YOU SO MUCH for looking for that crayola item for me. i am so glad you didn't duke it out with the woman -though it would have been a sight i'm sure. i'm sorry she was rude to you. walmart does indeed breed rudeness i'm afraid. i need to go get groceries today and i'm thinking that i may just go to H E B instead,just to avoid the scroogey shoppers.. i appreciate you. you are very sweet!


ok -so on with the story!

we find out a week from today -if new baby cooperates - if we are having a boy or a girl.
here's some of the names we have picked:

girl:
(joy is my mom's name so we want to keep it in the mix as a middle name.)
Natalie Joy - my first pick.
Elizabeth Joy

TJ also likes :
Tiffany (too 1980's for me)
and Tanya (i like it alot!) Tanya Joy sounds great! but we will not be calling new baby "TJ" as well, if we use the same initials.

i also like:
Tasia
Talia
Chloe

Boys:
Boy names are so easy!!!
we both like:
nathan (tj hated this name when i begged for it before Teege was born. but he's all for it now!)
collin
travis
justin
colt

Tj likes:
austin
(i hate it)
i like Carter -TJ hates that.
i like nathan alexander - tj thinks its too much of a mouth full.
we both like:
travis justin
travis colt

i have a feeling if it's a boy - and i still have great suspicion it is - that travis justin will win out on this one. it's the easiest.
and big TJ's real name is Timothy Justin so -him being the daddy and all - both boys will be carrying pieces of his first name. Timothy James and Travis Justin -it has a good solid ring to it.

funny -i'm kind of almost hoping for a girl now -now that we have settled on some good girl names.
i'm really torn! boys are so easy!
hopefully we'll find out easily and i can spread the news!

4 comments:

Steelers Wine Girl said...

Yay for baby names! I like all of your choices, though I'm with you on nixing the Tiffany...no matter how many wonderful Tiffanys I meet, as soon as I hear the name I think of a dumb, bubblegum chewing cheerleader.

jellybean said...

SWG - funny stuff! bubble gum chewing cheerleader - yea. that's my mental picture too.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Ooo I love Natalie Joy. But in keeping with the TJ theme Tanya Joy is cute too. I can't believe you listed Chloe. No one ever thinks of that name and we have it down for our number one girl name for when we have one. :)

Travis Justin is great, but I like Nathan Alexander too. Sounds very sophisticated. :)

And I was happy to keep an eye out for you and possibly get into a wrestling match in the middle of Wally Wolrd. Would have made for great blog fodder. :)

jellybean said...

vp - yes isn't natalie joy such a pretty name? and i think we'd call her nattie or talie or something silly like that! atleast at first! but i do like Tanya Joy as well. and chloe, it sounds like bells to me! TJ doesn't really like it. but it's kind of an original name still. you don't see it EVERYWHERE!
i hadn't thought to use the word sophisticated for 'nathan alexander'. it does sound like that doesn't it? it sounds proud and spiffy! i can't wait!!! so i can pick which name! there's so many names! it makes me want to have a ton of kids! but since i do not have the patience for a ton, maybe i'll just have a lot of cats! so i can use up my name supply!