Wednesday, December 10, 2008

obsess much?

yeah.
i do.
apparently.
I FOUND IT THOUGH!
that one piddly item left on my christmas list.

my quest for crayola continued this morning.
when i woke up of course i just had to recheck all websites and stores mentioned in the previous posts just to see if by some christmas miracle my wonderful toy was floating out there somewhere with my name on it.
amazon was still selling theirs at 15$ more.
the target website looked promising. they had none available online but there search engine for store location availability was up and running.
turns out -according to the web site -the store by my house had plenty. the trick was getting there to get one -since i'm an hr away. and didn't have it in my plans to go home for a few more days.(though i would have gone there and come back if it meant i could get my last christmas gift!)
so i call. hoping they had one and planning on begging someone to let me pay over the phone and PUHLEEZE hold it til i could get there to pick it up this weekend.
no luck.
they had none.
(update the darn web page smart pod!)
with absolutely no faith left that crayola would come thru for me, i went to crayola.com to search their "where to buy" buttons for the glow station. again.
i tried every button. there were at least a dozen web sights listed that returned "no items found" or "out of stock" upon all of my searches.
i sighed and clicked on the last button knowing that i would get an "out of stock result" b/c yesterday they had none. i know! i checked!

kbtoys opens up on the screen and with weary fingers i type my request in the search engine.
my wonderful- mus-t have- toy pops up on the screen.......

WITH BRILLIANT BRIGHT GREEN LETTERS SCREAMING ACROSS THE PAGE "IN STOCK!"

it was too good to be true. i almost didn't believe it.

with shipping included(but no sales tax to my surprise) it was around 36$. i would have spent about 15$ each on the boys so i only came out 6$ over budget(which is not bad at all!) and it still came out cheaper than at amazon before they even add their shipping!
WHOOPIE!
i slapped that thing thru the checkout so fast my head was spinning.
i'm still waiting to get a back order email or something(knock on wood 100X!)
i still swear they were out of stock yesterday. maybe i looked at a different store and just thought i was checking kbtoys.
oh well.
it's done.
it's on it's way.
it'll be here by the 22nd at the latest.

and i can finally quit worrying about it.

now i just hope the boys like it.

yeah. i obsess a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!
I was going to suggest HEB, on the off chance that somehow they'd have some, even though their toy supply is never that much... But good for you!

Oh, and most of the time, purchases from websites that are not based in the state where you live are tax-free. Smart shopper hints always say you should NEVER have to pay shipping, either, regardless of whether a site offers free shipping or not. We're supposed to haggle. I don't like to waste time/energy haggling, I'll just look and look until I find a site that DOES have free shipping. And no tax. Thus, I hardly ever shop online with Petsmart or Old Navy, anymore. O.N. cardholders can get free shipping if they spend $50 or more... no thanks. Petsmart charges shipping AND sales tax, and they shouldn't. Still... their prices online are .50-$1.00 cheaper per item than in-store...

Cupcake Blonde said...

Success! I am so glad you found it. Especially since I almost got into a fight with someone at my local Wal-Mart all for you. They had one on the shelf when I browsed through looking for you and before I could get to the shelf someone else snatched it up. I polietly asked the lady if she was planning on buying it or if she was just looking since I had a friend who needed one. She glared at me and sneered "I doubt your friend NEEDS it, but it doesn't matter because this one is mine." Reminded me of Shades' story about the mean old lady she ran into. I believe Wal-Mart breeds rudeness. Any way, I tried and came close and wasn't even going to tell you since I didn't get it. :)