Thursday, December 18, 2008

today i....

  • unloaded the dishwasher.
  • reloaded it
  • made the peanut brittle
  • unloaded the dishwasher at the end of the day
  • loaded it again(and ran it, again)
  • got the bathroom cleaned
  • managed to get the house vacuumed in spurts
  • balanced the checkbook
  • laundry.

laundry is a touchy subject in my house at the moment. i did some laundry yesterday. the first load dried without a hitch. when that was done i went to dry the 2nd load only to discover i had forgotten to clean the lint screen -in a very long time. it had been so long in fact that when i pulled the screen out i thought "wierd. the vent is clean!" moments later i opened the back door to let the dogs in, only to discover that the gobs of lint that had collected on the lint screen had made their way thru the piping (or whatever you call that long accordion thing that comes out the back of the dryer) and had been puffed all over the back yard. and it was misty so of course the lint got all soggy. the dryer doesn't blow hot air now. just cold. whether that is due to my poor maintenance or not i'm not sure. Tj and dad both think the heating element is out which would make sense b/c the dryer is going on 8 yrs old anyway. (i bet i know what i'm getting for christmas if TJ doesn't want to fix it)

back to the vacuuming issues in my house: TJ did a GREAT job today tolerating the noise so long as i WARNED him before i turned it on. this worked miracles. i don't know why i didn't think of it before. I'd just holler out "TJ i'm turning on the vacuum! here i go! weeeeeee!" and off we'd go.if i turned it on without saying anything he would get upset and cry and crawl away to hide. hopefully this will continue to work. otherwise i will let him just get over it on his own and do it anyway (as my dear good neighbor friend, and auntie shades, both suggested today)

tomorrow i have to make a mad dash to my parents house to pick up all of my christmas presents. i had most everything i ordered shipped to their place b/c i was staying so long i assumed it would all come while i was there. it didn't. so tomorrow morning we're going to run down and get it. and come right back.it's the quickest 2 hr trip in history!

little TJ is doing much better today. tons less cranky and not so much coughing. though he still sounds like donald duck when he sneezes. i started giving him baby zyrtec just to help dry him out some. it helped alot with the cough but not so much with his nose. my neighbor suggested dropping his nose with saline. i tried that for the first time tonight. i had to lay him on the floor and pin him down under my leg since i don't have 3 hands to hold him with, but i got the drops in. and i could tell quite a difference. i don't usually notice saline working for me. but i think i'm going to remember to use now it every time he has a stuffy nose.

if you don't hear from me anymore til january have a very merry christmas and happy new year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are AWESOME!

See? vacuums R fun!

no_iffer said...

Hey I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas. I loved reading about teege and the vacuum! I laughed out loud when you said you sucked up part of his clothes! Too funny!

Hey, will you send me your address so I can mail you a christmas card? It might be late...
thanks!
sprinkleofgrace@gmail.com

Cupcake Blonde said...

You and Shades sure do get lots and lots done. I wish I could be as productive!

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your hubby being home. And I can't wait to hear about TJ's decision about his brother. I'll be on pins and needles to see what he picked. :)

jellybean said...

shades - thank you! i kind of felt brilliant myself.

no iffer -i will email you my address. no problem. merry chirstmas to ya'll too!

VP- i'll write an update about staurdays adventure with TJ right now!